Saturday 25 November 2017

LAND GRABBERS STAB ARTISAN

Rapheal
An aluminium technician, Kayode Raphael escaped death by whiskers after he was attacked suspected land grabbers in the Isu area of Imota, Ikorodu, a Lagos suburb.
The incident happened penultimate Saturday while Raphael and others were trying to install aluminium roof of a building under construction.
The victim had barely started work at the site when the hoodlums stormed the site and attacked him with hammer and broken bottles.
Raphael however managed to escape into nearby bush from where he reported the incident to Imota Police Division.
He said: ‘’ Sometimes in October, I went to a site to install aluminium roof of a building when the same gang of land grabbers stormed the building and demanded a sum of N10,000 as settlement before they could allow us to work. When we gave them N5000, they refused to collect the money and instead wanted to attack us. We contacted Imota Police Division and the matter was settled amicably.
‘’On Saturday November 18, 2017, at about 9.30 am, we were about six working on a site when members of the gang came there and smashed a hammer on my face. While I was trying to escape from the scene, one of them pursued me and stabbed me with broken bottles repeatedly on my arms.
‘’ I managed to escape into the bush and ran to Imota Police Division to report the incident. I was given police authorization letter to Ikorodu General Hospital for proper treatment. But I could not go to the hospital because I had lost so much blood and my body was weak. This made my friends to take me to a private hospital where I was treated and my wounds stitched.”
The spokesman of the Lagos State Police Command, Mr Olarinde Famous-Cole could not be reached for comments on his mobile phone, while a text message forwarded to his phone was not returned as of press time. CALLED FROM THENATION http://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-land-grabbers-stab-artisan/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sanwo-Olu Stop Tinubu, Fashola, others from pension

To reduced the cost of Governance in Lagos State, the State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has moved to stop the Pension of all past Governors ...