Tuesday 24 October 2017

Woman sold daughter to settle Debt

Wonder they say shall never end this was how to describe the incident for a mother to sell her only daughter to settle debt.  
a single mother Olubunmi Funke open up on why she sold her three years old daughter to one Abibat Oyesanya, a member of child trafficking ring to enable offset debt.

L-R: Funke and her accomplices

Funke confess that she took prostitution as a business to raise money to pay the debt when her husband sent her away, she added that the syndicate who allegedly specialized in child stealing and kidnapping in South West, bought the little girl off her for N280,000.
She made the disclosure to reporters at Eleweran, the Ogun State Police Command Headquarters where she was paraded along with two other women, Abibat Oyesanya and  Morenike Shittu in connection with Child trafficking
 "I gave out my three year old daughter to Abibat Oyesanya who is into local adoption business. But she promised me that I would be allowed to visit my daughter once in three month.
"I am a prostitute. I engaged in prostitution after my first husband sent me packing. So, I decided to give out my daughter to woman who gave me N280,000. I used the money to offset my debt.
"The woman also requested for more children based on more demands for those adopting children. That is why I kidnapped the baby girl in Bodija, Ojurin, Ibadan, and brought it to the woman."

The Commissioner of Police, Ahmed said the Police in the state were committed to flushing out criminals, adding that the suspects were arrested as part of "ember month mop-up operations of the Command."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sanwo-Olu Stop Tinubu, Fashola, others from pension

To reduced the cost of Governance in Lagos State, the State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has moved to stop the Pension of all past Governors ...